Advocate is a high-end product to control different parasitic infections in cats. This once a month topical solution treats heavy flea infestation and prevents re-infestation. It acts as the best prevention treatment for heartworm disease in cats. The easy to apply solution treats and controls fleas, ear mites, hookworms and roundworms, and protects cats from their harmful effects. Advocate protects your cat from common gastrointestinal nematode worms and help to protect you and your family from the harmful effects of contracting worms from your cat. It is the only product that kills the two parasites causing lungworm disease in cats, which causes irreversible damage to the lungs. Advocate is safe for kittens from 9 weeks of age.
Key Benefit :
- Advocate is a broad-spectrum treatment for various external and internal parasites
- The topical solution is effective in treating flea infestation
- It controls ear mites and feline mange mites in cats
- Advocate is an efficient product for the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis
- It is used for the treatment and control of intestinal hookworm infections caused by Ancylostoma tubaeforme (adults, immature adults and fourth stage larvae) and roundworm infections caused by Toxocara cati (adults and fourth stage larvae)
- It is easy to apply once a month topical treatment
- Safe to use on kittens 9 weeks of age and older and that weigh at least 1 kg
How does it work?
Advocate is all-in-one parasitic treatment. It contains two major ingredients imidacloprid and moxidectin. The key ingredient moxidectin is highly effective in preventing and controlling heartworms and intestinal worms by disrupting nerve transmission resulting in the paralysis and death of the parasite. The other active ingredient imidacloprid, directly attacks the nervous system of the flea to cause paralysis and subsequent death. The topical treatment affects re-infesting fleas within 3 to 5 minutes and kills them within 1 hour. Advocate kills flea larvae in your cat’s surroundings within 20 minutes of contact with the active ingredient and breaks flea lifecycle. Thus, the treatment controls various infestations. Advocate is also water-resistant.
- Weigh your cat before starting the treatment.
- Remove one dose applicator tube from the package.
- While holding the tube in upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break open seal and then remove the cap from the tube to use.
- Part the fur on the back of the cat’s neck at the base of the head, until the skin is visible.
- Place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin.
- Use this treatment once a month.
- Avoid using on sick and debilitated or underweight cats.
- Do not ingest in felines.
- Do not use on cats less than 9 weeks of age.
- The safety of Advocate for Cats has not been established in breeding, pregnant, or lactating cats.
- This product must be administered MONTHLY to prevent heartworm infection.
- It is recommended for use all year round.
- Please seek advice from your veterinarian regarding heartworm testing PRIOR to using this product if:
- your pet is older than 8 weeks of age when you start using this product OR
- one of the monthly doses is missed or is late by more than 1 week.